Friday, March 19, 2010

Things I have learned today

1)Baby sitters will never never never be an exact science-never. There is a perfectly good reason that we pay them $5 an hour.

2)Neither will napping after ones child has returned from school. Sadly, there will never be $5 an hour for that.

3)I don't actually "like" any piece of clothing that I own (if by "like" what I mean is feel even moderately attractive in). No really... not a single thing.

4)Once you throw lunch dates into the mix, it's difficult to know if you are on date number 2 or date number 3.

5) Once you are a 30 year old in the world of dating, you don't really remember what it is that is supposed to be different between date number 2 and date number 3.

And as I told my friend Courtney earlier-- napping went poorly, I don't like my outfit, but in the end it comes down to a few simple things before venturing out on a Friday night:

6)If I'm going on a date with an extremely attractive man, I've made it 30 years without really regretting any of my tattoos getting a divorce or losing a limb, and I've yet to utterly fail my child, then all I really need is a little eyeliner and a Red Bull and I'm good, baby.

Yeah, that's right... it's the small victories and a simple willingness to be happy with them some days, though regretfully I must admit, that's something I have no doubt I will forget and have to relearn at least a thousand more days to come.