Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm starting to think I'm really not like other girls.

In the past 48 hours, I have had a 10 hour date, made coffee plans with my ex boyfriend because we think it's important to get together once a week to keep our relationship good. I have dyed my hair 3 times, plucked my eyebrows twice, gone to church 2 times but not actually entered the church once, cooked and thrown away 2 tuna steaks, and will cook two more today before going to another church I have no intentions of entering.

Some of the phrases I have uttered are

"I think I love my snuggy more than you love your child"
"Would it be wrong for me to eat the flower off of my house plant?
"Let's get together just as the guys this time"
"Can I take a picture of your toenail?"

and my personal favorite...
"Do you mind if I do something really weird to your forehead?"

Tomorrow my daughter will be home and life will resume as I know it-- still utterly strange, but an entirely different kind of strange than it has been this weekend. But, I won't be any less strange (or even a different variety of such), that cannot be denied. Least of all now...now that it has been documented.